Chocolate chip cookies are fairly common. We have literally grown up on them…..had them with tea/coffee, stole them from the cookie jar, sometimes shared them but mostly ate alone!
Never enough to share…
Chocolate chip cookies were way up on my baking wish list. But, unbelievable as it may sound, I could not find chocolate chips in Delhi. So I tried other options (Candy Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Shortbread etc.)……Last Easter, when I baked the candy cookies, the husband brought back the long lost memories and demanded I bake a batch for him, before he decides to go on a Diet, yet again (well… that’s a seperate story.) So bringing my focus back in the cookies, here’s my version.
Try it….I am confident you will end up with warm, fudgy cookies that are ummmm so irresistable!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup, all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I use Nestle brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Take a mixing bowl; mix butter and both the sugars and whisk well to blend
- Now add the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract
- Mix together flour and baking soda in a separate vessel; then add it to the butter/sugar/pudding/egg/vanilla mixture to form a soft dough
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Using an ice cream scooper or tea spoon, drop the dough onto ungreased baking sheets
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned