So much so, that my appetite for it is insatiable, I could have them for breakfast, post lunch/dinner OR on the go. Brownies are seductive and addictive, both at the same time.
I could never figure why certain brownies were more chewy and gooey than the others…until I discovered the fudge brownies. These are my favorite. I love the taste of crunchy walnuts and tender chocolate chips draped in thick chocolate inside and flaky crust outside.
Try this amazingly simple yet dependable recipe and make your coffee break a celebration of this fabulous weather!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 squares (1 ounce/30 gms) unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup semi–sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9x13 inch baking tin lightly with oil and dust some flour on it, shake off the excess and keep aside
- Melt the butter and chocolate squares on very low heat in a saucepan
- Stir the butter-chocolate mixture constantly till blended smoothly, take the pan off the heat, and stir the sugar into the above mixture
- Allow it to cool slightly, beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, add the vanilla extract and stir again
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour and salt, and stir in the chocolate mixture, mix well using a spatula and fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes till the toothpick inserted into center comes out clean