Don’t be surprised when you spot coriander leaves in the ingredients of coconut chutney!! Try it and decide for yourself; I bet you’ll love it!
- 1 cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen; if using the latter, run it under cold water and drain)
- 4-6 tbsp curd
- A small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves, finely chopped (if the leaves are big, take only 4-5)
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- Salt, to taste
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 5-6 roasted chane, crushed (optional)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2-3 whole red chillies (dry)
- ½ tsp oil
- Just combine all the main ingredients in a mixer jar/food processor. Add some water depending on the consistency of chutney you would prefer. Take out in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in a wok, add mustard seeds (rai), let them crackle, follow it up by curry leaves and whole red chillies, pour the tadka over the coconut chutney and mix well