The Oats & Mix Vegetable Chilla is not only yummy but is also packed with loads of nutrients. This recipe could very well go on to become a breakfast choice, even for you.
Age Check: 9-month+
Pre Mix: One can prepare a ‘pre-mix’ of the base ingredients and keep it handy for instant use later on.
- 2 cups porridge oats (the regular Quaker/ Kellogg’s one)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sooji (semolina), roasted
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour) – optional ( I add it for variety)
- 100 gms oats premix
- About 150 ml whole milk (for babies)/ skimmed milk (for adults)
- 100 gms mix vegetables, finely chopped or grated (1/2 carrots, 2-3 French beans, a small piece of bottle guard or other vegetables of choice)
- salt to taste (very little for the baby variant)
- 1.5 tsp bhuna jeera
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Soak the oats pre mix in milk for about two hours
- Add the vegetables, salt and bhuna jeera and mix well (if the batter appears thick, add 25 ml more milk)
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan, spread the batter into small rounds and cook on medium flame till both sides turn golden brown